[WEB4LIB] ISP for traveling notebook computers

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Mon Apr 8 12:11:25 EDT 2002

> I'm working my way through Web sites for various ISPs, but am
> hoping someone
> has a successful solution or ideas they'd be willing to share.

Not that I'm advocating AOL as an all-around solution to Net access but...

We have several trainers here (myself included) that travel over a
twelve-state region and want dial-up access while on the road. We go to
major cities (Salt Lake City) and rural locations (Hays, KS) and find that
AOL has local access in most all of these locations without the need for an
additional charge that 800 access usually involves.

None of us use the AOL features, just connect and minimize, then run
whatever browser/mail we want. It seems to be doing the job for a reasonable
monthly cost.

Michael Sauers, Librarian, Trainer & Author
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
Aurora, CO :: 303-751-6277 :: msauers at bcr.org
http://www.bcr.org/~msauers