Javascript form select questions

Elena O'Malley omalleye at emmanuel.edu
Fri Sep 7 13:42:15 EDT 2001

Two Javascript questions:

Question 1:
I'm comparing two pieces of Javascript code that produce the same effect
(dropdown menu of links with button). Is there any advantage of
one method over the other?

live at:
http://www1.emmanuel.edu/library/testmenu1.html
http://www1.emmanuel.edu/library/testmenu2.html
(Let me know if you'd prefer an offlist email of the code)

Question 2:
Neither of my samples will go to the link if the user selects an option
and then
hits return or enter without clicking go.  Is there a (non-CGI) way to do
this?
(I don't want the link to activate as soon as the user selects an option.)

In case anyone's wondering, I'm aware of the accessibility issues, and I
know
this can be done with a CGI script.

Thanks much.

Cheers,
Elena O'Malley

Elena O'Malley, Technology Librarian, Cardinal Cushing Library
Emmanuel College, 400 The Fenway, Boston, MA 02115
omalleye at emmanuel.edu