[WEB4LIB] Re: K-Meleon 0.5 Availability

Andrew I. Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Thu Sep 27 12:34:03 EDT 2001

Raymond makes some good points and I'll respond to them more fully in a
little bit. However, I don't want Richard's comments to give anyone the
wrong impression about K-Meleon.

K-Meleon is an open-source project using code from Mozilla and some
other components that are freely available.  The browser is available for
free to anyone to use.  There is no company or other infrastructure behind
the development of this browser. No one is being compensated for this
product, if you don't count personal satisfaction.
:)

K-Meleon is the product of several people trying to build a better mouse
trap using their own time and resources. The time that I have worked on
this project is nothing compared to the developers and others who
have been working on this since the M builds of Mozilla. Frankly, in light
of that, I think the end results are pretty darn good. It's pretty cool
when the open-source community creates new products for us, for free, no
matter what the environment.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library