[WEB4LIB] Software Programs or PERL Scripts for Quizzing/Assessment?

jhammer at accdvm.accd.edu jhammer at accdvm.accd.edu
Thu Sep 27 10:36:16 EDT 2001

We use a product called "quizz" from First Step Communications.  It is very
easy to setup and maintain.  Their address is
http://www.firststep.com.au/software/

At 04:40 PM 9/26/01 -0700, Carol Brown wrote:
>We are in the process of doing some online quizzes (pre and post tests) to
>be included as part of our Library Research Tutorials and I'd like to know
>if anyone has purchased any of the available "pre-packaged" PERL scripts
>available on the web for such purposes or does anyone have any suggestions
>of free/shareware scripts they've used.
>
>I've found such packages as Quirex and Quick Quiz in scripting archives but
>really would like to know what people have used when they have limited
>scripting abilities.  There seems to be an abundance of such products out
>there and I'd like a reality check on quality.
>
>Our current PERL scripts are for user surveys and I'm having trouble
>adapting them.  I have cursory PERL skills, so I am really looking for some
>type of package that can just be edited for our own needs.
>
>If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

>Carol Brown
>Assistant Head of Reference and Instruction
>Dunbar Library, Wright State University
>(937)775-3521
>carol.brown at wright.edu
>"Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul --
>And sings the tune without words, and never stops -- at all."
>-- Emily Dickinson

John C. Hammer
Automation Librarian
San Antonio College LRC            210/733-2669 (voice)
1001 Howard St.                      210/733-2597 (fax)
San Antonio, TX  78212          jhammer at accdvm.accd.edu