[WEB4LIB] Re: pc's for Web browser workstations

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Tue Sep 25 22:43:37 EDT 2001

One other thought on RAM.  If you buy extra RAM when you order the
computer you'll generally pay a major premium for it.

You can currently buy 256MB sticks from crucial.com (the marketing arm
of Micron, America's mfgr of RAM), for $34.19.  Yes, that's 133mhz.

They cut prices for quantity and for educational or nonprofit.

When you increase RAM from 256 to 512, for example, you'll pay MUCH
more for the increase.  And, almost any idiot can stick the RAM in the
box.

All that being said, you can get good prices from other sources too,
all better than the prices you'll pay to have some guy drop it in the
box when it is built.  And, NO, I don't own any stock in Micron.

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA