The Virtual Acquisition Shelf and News Desk

gprice gprice at gwu.edu
Thu Sep 13 10:33:14 EDT 2001

http://resourceshelf.blogspot.com
The Virtual Acquisition Shelf & News Desk Update Week 28
New and Useful Web Sites, Industry News, Full-Text Docs of Interest to the
Info Professional.

9/13/01
Good Morning From DC.

My thoughts, prayers, and condolences go out to the victims and their families
of the tragedy in NYC and DC.

Because of this week's events, I'm not going to compile a full highlight
update.

Since Tuesday no web search, online research, or Internet news content has
been added to the weblog.

However, feel free to drop by the site itself
http://resourceshelf.blogspot.com when you have a few moments. I've added
links to several resources, including a few full-text documents, relating to
current events that might be of value to you.

Additionally, I would like to invite you to stop by three other web resource
compilations that I've been maintaining for quite some time. During the past
two
days I've spent some time updating with new material relating to the tragedy.

Speech and Transcript Center
http://gwu.edu/~gprice/speech.htm
Find links to the text transcripts from many press conferences, interviews,
and statements by U.S. Government officials. You will also find links to
"official statements" from World leaders.

Current Awareness Resources Using Streaming Audio and Video
http://gwu.edu/~gprice/speech.htm
Watch and/or listen to news webcasts from major broadcasters.

NewsCenter
http://gwu.edu/~gprice/newscenter.htm
One-click access to news wires, newspapers, etc.

Thank You,
Gary

Gary D. Price, MLIS
Librarian
Gary Price Library Research and Internet Consulting
gprice at gwu.edu

Gary D. Price, MLIS
Librarian
Information Consultant, George Washington University
gprice at gwu.edu