Database evaluation forms

Jerry Kuntz jkuntz at ansernet.rcls.org
Tue Oct 23 15:32:21 EDT 2001

A couple of months ago, I asked for examples of Database Evaluation forms used by libraries during database trials. I received 5-6 good responses, and promised to summarize for the list...but then misplaced the notes until rediscovering them today.
Vicki L. Gregory's book Selecting and Managing Electronic Resources (Neal-Schuman, 2000), has just the type of form I was looking for on pp.30-33.

Also see:
http://www.lib.ecu.edu/crpc/use/crpceval21.htm
(from Stefanie DuBose at East Carolina University)

I also received offline examples from the Shenendehowa Public Library, New York State Library, and Washington State Library.

Gregory's form seems to be the most comprehensive, so take that as a starting point.

--
Jerry Kuntz
Electronic Resources Consultant
jkuntz at rcls.org