[WEB4LIB] NYPL Style Guide

bob at esrl.lib.md.us bob at esrl.lib.md.us
Wed Oct 31 13:24:26 EST 2001

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Andrew I. Mutch wrote:

> I'm sure this will stimulate some discussion:

I think it's a very nice resource.

But speaking of XHTML, I've been working on converting our home page over
to xhtml and it's going pretty well. One thing I'm a little confused about
is the two <hr> tags. I'd like to use the noshade attribute with these,
but when I validate the page, I'm given the message, "attribute
minimization is not supported in XML". Huh? Here's what the tags look
like:

<hr noshade />

Of course when I take the noshade out everything is fine. I've also found
I can't use the size="1" attribute with <hr> either.

So is there a way to create a thin hr using style sheets or should I find
a way to use borders in place of <hr>?

--
Bob Long, Eastern Shore Regional Library
Automation Technical Assistant