Time Accounting Software

Jim Barrentine jkb at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 9 10:52:10 EDT 2001

Last week I posted a message asking about time clock software.  I got
several answers but they weren't exactly what I was looking for probably
because I was too lazy to put more details in my first post.  So here goes.

I am looking for a web based time account system that would allow employees
to "clock" in and out.  It needs to be accessible from multiple PC (at
least one in each branch) but not from just anywhere.  There needs to be
some sort of IP authentication so an employee can's just log in from home
and "clock in".

At the end of a pay period the system should total up the hours, accounting
for overtime and the like.  It would be nice to have management functions
like who's in such-and-such branch right now.

This is for a small library.  An ASP solution would be OK.  Something that
requires separate database servers would not be OK.  Number of employees < 50.

Any ideas?
James K. Barrentine
Information Partners, Inc.
Technology Solutions for Libraries