[WEB4LIB] web based e-mail ( email ) in Russian or other foreign languages

Andrew Cunningham andrewc at mail.vicnet.net.au
Mon Oct 1 22:46:17 EDT 2001

At 01:26 PM 9/28/01 -0700, Josh Kuperman wrote:
>Does anyone maintain a list of web based e-mail providers, who provide
>services including instructions in Russian and other foreign (to me)
>languages?
>
>I have found that e.g. HotMail provides French, Italian, Spanish, and
>a few other Western European Languages and that there are various
>pobox sites like www.pobox.sk or www.pobox.ru. Though I can only
>assume that the Russian pobox site is a commercial web based email
>service the same as www.pobox.com. I don't read Russian so I can't
>tell..
>
>So perhaps I should be asking for a list in English on sites that
>provide free web based email organized by supported languages and how
>to find the instructions in both English and the supported languages.

depending on the range of languages you wish to support through web based
email services, you should look for one that correctly handles mime types ,
esp charsets, and that can decode transformation encodings such as base64,
PQ, and uuencoding that may be used in various parts email clients to send
mail.