[WEB4LIB] RE: NT Webserver Security?

William Barnes wbarnes at husky.bloomu.edu
Tue Oct 30 11:42:12 EST 2001

I tried it, and well....  It worked ok on the REALLY simple stuff...

To be honest, I have a few things that were simpler to write in ASP and other stuff is simpler to write in PHP.  I just pick the best tool for what I need.  Nice thing about Chilisoft is both are on the same box, and I've already used HTML to pass to an ASP page which passed to a PHP page...  It's not clean, it's not nice, but it worked really well, and let me pick and choose the tools I use to do a project.

Thanks!
--Bill
*  Bill Barnes, RHCE, CCNA, CNA, MCP, A+
*  Library Network Administrator
*  Harvey A. Andruss Library
*  Bloomsburg University
*  ph: 570-389-2813
*  e-mail: wbarnes at bloomu.edu

>>> Raymond Wood <raywood at magma.ca> 10/30/01 11:37AM >>>
On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 08:21:35AM -0800, William Barnes remarked:
> I'm running Chilisoft on the linux box here to run the old IIS VBscript ASP code.
> Works fine for what I wrote before.

FYI - I recently came across something called asp2php which
allegedly converts asp code to php.  I have no idea how
comprehensive the conversion is or how well it works - I've
never needed to try it :)

See http://freshmeat.net/ for the gory details...

Raymond