Virus on Library cdrom?

Beth DeGeer bdeg at bartlesville.lib.ok.us
Wed Nov 7 18:44:25 EST 2001

Hi all:

A patron came to me today and claimed that the library's copy of JumpStart
Kindergarten, which she had checked out and installed on her computer, had
given her a worm, and it had corrupted most of her hard drive.  She got this
information from the pc repairman who fixed her PC.  Is this possible?  I
did not think one could re-burn a CD.  The CDROM she borrowed is the actual
one we purchased commercially, and it's printed with the logo, etc., so I
don't think anyone has substituted another CDROM.  Any opinions?

Beth DeGeer

Youth Services Librarian/PC Administrator
Bartlesville Public Library, Bartlesville OK
bdeg at bartlesville.lib.ok.us
http://www.bartlesville.lib.ok.us