[WEB4LIB] Re: capture again

Tony Barry me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
Wed Nov 14 18:55:45 EST 2001

At 11:41 AM -0800 14/11/01, Thomas Dowling wrote:
>  > I want to capture a web page -- the entire page, even though only some
>of it
>>  might be viewable on the browser unless I scroll down.
>>

>I'm not sure this is do-able through a single capture (always happy to be
>proved wrong, of course) because capture utilities really do pull the
>image off the screen, not out of the guts of the applications.  Usually,
>you have to do multiple captures, one screen at a time, and stitch them
>together in an image editing program.

On a Mac there are various ways of diverting a print stream to a file
by selecting a "print driver" that does this. No doubt the same is
available on other platforms. This way you "print" the page you want
and it ends up as a file in some format such as postscript, PDF or
TIFF.

Tony
--
phone  +61 2 6241 7659