[WEB4LIB] Re: screen capture help

Peter Scott scott at lights.com
Wed Nov 14 13:44:14 EST 2001

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 Walt_Crawford at notes.rlg.org wrote:

> Pardon my naivete, but can't you just use the browser itself to save pages
> (or sites) to disk, then use the browser to show them offline?
>
> What does third-party software do that the browsers don't do directly?

They allow you to download entire web sites or just remote
sub-directories, with just a couple of clicks. All files are then stored
locally. They also have the ability to filter-out certain information.

I have used the Windows freeware program "WebCopier" in the past, and it
saved me lots of time:

http://www.maximumsoft.com/