[WEB4LIB] Re: screen capture help

Rachel Singer Gordon rsinger at linc.lib.il.us
Wed Nov 14 13:03:23 EST 2001

You can use something like WebWhacker (
http://www.bluesquirrel.com/products/whacker/whacker.html )or other
3rd-party products to capture entire sites including the whole
directory structure, all images, etc.. whereas if you use something
like IE's built-in "save page" feature you'd have to do one page at a
time. If you capture a whole site then you can browse offline as if
you were looking at the site 'live.'

- Rachel

>Pardon my naivete, but can't you just use the browser itself to save
>pages
>(or sites) to disk, then use the browser to show them offline?
>
>What does third-party software do that the browsers don't do
>directly?

---
Rachel Singer Gordon / rsinger at linc.lib.il.us
Head, Computer Services / Franklin Park Library
http://www.franklinparklibrary.org
http://www.lisjobs.com
---