_The Internet Journal of Chemistry_

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Sun Nov 25 12:29:39 EST 2001

                      _The Internet Journal of Chemistry_

   I am proud to announce the publication of one of my latest e-Profiles for
_Library Hi Tech News_

Gerry McKiernan, "The Internet Journal of Chemistry:: A Premier Eclectic Journal," Library Hi  Tech News  18, no. 8 (September 2001): 27-35 .

   It is also available electronically to licensed subscribers.through the MCB University Press Emerald service [http://giorgio.emeraldinsight.com/lhtn.htm ]

ABSTRACT

The Internet Journal of Chemistry (IJC) ( www.ijc.com) is an electronic-only electronic journal with the primary aim of publishing the results of high-quality research in all areas of chemistry.  Unlike conventional e-journals in chemistry and other scientific disciplines, IJC offers a wide variety of innovative features, functionalities, and content that augment and enhance use and understanding of article text. Among these are user annotation and commentary; data manipulation; electronic discussion forums; electronic manuscript submission; font, format, and display control; modeling; multimedia components; personalization; and reader participation. IJC is an outstanding example of the 'eclectic journal', an emerging form of the next- generation electronic journal.

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
and
Science and Technology Librarian and Bibliographer
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

               "The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Invent It"
                                                      Alan Kay