[WEB4LIB] Anyone using outsourced LISTSERV?

Tara Calishain calumet at Mindspring.com
Sat Nov 10 12:25:19 EST 2001

At 12:20 PM 11/10/2001, Karen G. Schneider wrote:
>The Web-related hook is "the need for discussion lists that offer
>Web-accessible archives," but the question is whether any of you folks
>use outsourced services such as L-Soft to host discussion lists, and if
>so, which ones you recommend.

I use Lyris for ResearchBuzz and SparkLIST for ResearchBuzz Extra.
I like Lyris okay, but they increased their prices so much I wouldn't
recommend them now. SparkLIST is good. They're a small enough company
that if you have a problem someone tends to get back to you pretty
quickly. They have a lot of bells n' whistles that I don't use, but they get
the job done.

Tara