autorun.inf?

Rachel Singer Gordon rsinger at linc.lib.il.us
Fri Nov 9 13:10:54 EST 2001

Hi all -

We're starting a project in which we will be burning some digitized
local history videos (in quicktime format) to CD. Since we are
probably going to be including multiple clips on a single CD, I
thought it might be useful to create a web page to include on the CD
as an index to the clips.

I want the web page to load automatically when someone inserts the
CD, so then they can just click the desired file name to watch a
video clip. Can I do this with an autorun.inf file, or do I need to
download one of the many freeware programs I see out there that are
meant to launch HTML files from CD? Has anyone done this sort of
thing, and what would you all recommend -- is there an easier way to
create an index to the CD that I am missing? We're kind of new at
this, so I'm just feeling my way through here.

Thanks,
- Rachel

---
Rachel Singer Gordon / rsinger at linc.lib.il.us
Head, Computer Services / Franklin Park Library
http://www.franklinparklibrary.org
http://www.lisjobs.com
---