Collection procedures

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Thu Nov 8 19:36:45 EST 2001

I am looking for examples of collection management procedures for
collections of Internet resources.  The examples I am most interested in
are selection and weeding. I'm particularly interested in procedures
that establish cycles of selection and weeding distributed across topic
areas ("topic" could be anything from locally-derived categories to DDC
to LC to... however you slice the pie) and shared among several or many
staff.

To add the Boolean "nots" for this message, I'm not looking for
procedures for evaluating or describing resources, or for tools for
locating resources; nor am I seeking policy.  I'm honing in on the
actual division and generation of labor that results in the systematic
creation and maintenance of local records or links to Internet
resources.

Thanks in advance--

Karen G. Schneider                 kgs at lii.org
Coordinator, Librarians' Index to the Internet
Information You Can Trust!      http://lii.org