Foretres (was IE Lockdown)

Grace E. Lee glee at nyls.edu
Mon Nov 5 13:31:24 EST 2001

Dear Charlie:

If you open the Fortres program on the terminal, select
"Diagnostics" and then look  at "Failed file actions" ( I think its
called). It is a log which shows which programs have tried to write
to the hard drive. It helped us figure out why we couldn't log into
westlaw.com.

>The library I'm working at just upgraded to Windows 2000 and the
>latestFortres. We've been having problems based on figuring out which
>applications (such as Adobe Acrobat Reader) need to have access to the write to the hard drive.
>You can set that up in Fortres but it may take
>awhile to figure out which programs have to be listed in the Fortres
>permission set-up.

>Charlie Irwin
>Simmons College MLIS student

Grace E. Lee, Electronic Services Librarian
Mendik Library, New York Law School
57 Worth St., NY NY 10013
212-431-2858
email:glee at nyls.edu