[WEB4LIB] Re: library newsletters on the web?

Lee Jaffe ldjaffe at cats.ucsc.edu
Fri May 25 14:35:30 EDT 2001

>Try Academic Library Newsletters in the United States:
>
>http://libaxp.hartford.edu/llr/alinusin.htm

Here's an interesting case.  I looked at this site and checked my own
library's entry.  The item listed here didn't point to our newsletter,
so I sent a note the editor, per the notice at the bottom of the page:

	Institutions that wish to suggest publications for inclusion
	in this database should email the editor,

Well, the resulting entry has a typo in it which leads to a 404 error.
And the old, wrong link still shows up.  (i.e., There are now two entries
for our library: one points to the wrong page and the other has a bad URL.)
I've written to the editor twice now over several days and have received
no response and the problems persist.

It's pretty frustrating how easily someone can establish themselves as
the "official" site for any field and yet have no accountability.  If you've
ever tried to get your site listed in a major directory, you know what I
mean.

-- Lee Jaffe, UC Santa Cruz