Off-topic postings

Roy Tennant roy.tennant at ucop.edu
Tue May 22 20:47:28 EDT 2001

Lately I've seen a number of messages that have very little or nothing
to do with the list topic of web systems in libraries. I would like to
remind everyone that your contributions, welcome as they are, must adhere
to the Web4Lib Posting Policy, which you can see at:

http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/#Policy

Rule One is that all postings must relate to the topic of the discussion.
Putting "off-topic" in the subject line does not excuse abuse of the
list. It is also not our collective problem that you wish to have access
to a large group of library staff - if your message is not appropriate
it shouldn't be posted.

There are approximately 3,300 subscribers worldwide, and one of the
reasons why this list continues to be popular is that it is focused.
Those who repeatedly ignore the rules will be removed. Thank you for your
cooperation,
Roy Tennant
Web4Lib Owner