Web-based training on library skills

Rhonda Riley gnt002 at mail.connect.more.net
Tue May 15 10:29:31 EDT 2001

"Smith, Barbara" wrote:
> I'm gathering information about Web based training on library skills
for
> staff development in public, academic and special libraries.  A number
of
> library schools offer Web based and other e-learning courses that lead
> degrees.  But what about training that supports the practical work in
> libraries, for all levels of staff?  Examples might include a shelving

> tutorial for pages; circulation system basics; reference desk skills;
> customer service skills.

    I know this isn't web base training, but  for shelvers and new
staff, we use Dewey Easy software.  After completing the program a
certificate is printed.  Dewey Easy and LC Easy software are available
at:
http://www.librarytools.com/
They have a free demo of the software you can download from their site.
This way you can try it out 10 minutes at a time to see if you like it.
If you do they will give you a code so you can use the complete program.

-Rhonda Riley
gnt002 at mail.connect.more.net

Christian County Library
http://www.mlnc.org/~ccl