Printer Madness

Michael Dargan darganm at maple.iren.net
Thu May 3 12:48:28 EDT 2001

I've been running Public Browser 1.23 with good success.  However,
yesterday I came across a strange problem.  I installed PB123 on a Windows
98SE machine and all seemed well.  However, shortly thereafter I received
a complaint:  Webpages that should print out on one sheet of paper
suddenly took as many as 40--with an element of the webpage on each sheet.

I then tried printing with MSIE5.5 and got the same results.  I tried
changing the printer driver from HP5M to HPIII with no luck.  I
encountered this problem with PB1.19 and it went away when I upgraded to
1.23.  This behavior shows up in Print Preview as well.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  Any ideas on what might be wrong are
welcome.

Win98SE
MSIE5.5
Public Browser 1.23
Printing to an HP5M via JetDirect port
Fortres 101 V4.0

---
Michael J. Dargan                               office: 319 291 4496
Technical Systems Administrator                    fax: 319 291 6736
Waterloo and Cedar Falls Public Libraries         Waterloo, IA 50701