[WEB4LIB] Re: Libweb and the Seven Year Itch

Thomas M G Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Mon May 28 08:26:05 EDT 2001

I think Thomas has enough to do (and does a great job) without having to
chase down a website every time it moves.  A responsible webmaster should
inform people and sites before moving if possible.  After moving use the
free tools on the web to submit your new URL to the search engines.  If you
are a webmaster on this list then you should be familiar with Libweb and
think to send Mr. Dowling a note that your URL has changed and the new URL.
IMHO any list like this is for mutual support and should be used as such,
you don't have to be just a listener.

Thanks Thomas, Roy, Karen, and Bernie, the W4L Advisory Board and list
owner, for your continued support and work.

Thomas

  Use The Help Desk at http://linux.library.appstate.edu/help
                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III            University Library
Voice:  828 262 6587	           FAX:    828 262 2797

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine