.wav --> restore pristine computer

rhiebert at sd6.bc.ca rhiebert at sd6.bc.ca
Wed May 9 11:05:13 EDT 2001

We gave up on Foolproof 18 months ago and started using DeepFreeze, which claims
to forget all changes made to the computer when it is rebooted. So far I have no
reason to doubt it.

Regards,
Robert

Robert Hiebert
Librarian, Golden Secondary School
www.sd6.bc.ca/gss/library/
Fax: 250 344 7116
rhiebert at sd6.bc.ca

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          Mark Pecaut  |
|        |          <pecautm at miss|
|        |          ouri.edu>    |
|        |                       |
|        |          05/08/2001   |
|        |          11:18 AM     |
|        |          Please       |
|        |          respond to   |
|        |          pecautm      |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     Multiple recipients of list              |
  |       <web4lib at webjunction.org>                   |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Robert Hiebert/SD6)                |
  |       Subject:     [WEB4LIB] Re: .wav files            |

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 12:01:06PM -0500, Chris Deweese wrote:

> Block the use of Real Player :)
> On the grounds that it allows patrons to somewhat circumvent your
> security.  Besides that real player is the most annoying audio/video

Has anyone decided to stop using these strange security programs and
just come up with a good method for restoring (re-imaging, as some
like to call it) the computer to a pristine state?

If there was a way to restore a windows installation over the local
network with just a floppy disk, would people stop using these security
programs, or are there other issues involved?

Any thoughts?

-Mark