[WEB4LIB] Good search engines functionnalities for relevant and quick search results

John Creech creechj at mumbly.lib.cwu.edu
Thu Mar 29 15:43:30 EST 2001

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, [iso-8859-1] Stéphane Dudart wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> We would like to place a search engine on our website. This one has a
> lot of html files and it grows day by day. We are currently establish
> a keyword and description metadata system to the site to control
> searching.

Hi Stephane.  You don't mention your operating system, but we're using and
happy with ht://Dig, an open source unix-based suite of programs suitable
for searching one or more web servers locally.  It's available at

http://www.htdig.org/

John Creech
Electronic Resources & Systems Librarian
Central Washington University Library
400 E. 8th Ave. | Ellensburg, WA 98926 |
office - 509-963-1081 || fax - 509-963-3684
creechj at www.lib.cwu.edu