[WEB4LIB] OpenURL

Eric Hellman eric at openly.com
Sun Mar 25 09:59:13 EST 2001

Tony,

Glad to see you're aware of OpenURL. We've added OpenURL link serving
capability (like SFX) to the open source jake project, and we're
starting to provide commercial support for it.
(http://www.openly.com/jake/services.html) Please consider supporting
this effort by installing, developing, and evangelizing jake.

If you have any suggestions on the OpenURL proposed standard, I am on
the NISO OpenURL standardization committee; we need feedback from
independent evaluators.

Eric

At 3:28 PM -0800 3/24/01, Tony Barry wrote:
>What library should demand from ILMS vendors is the use of standards
>such as openURL http://www.sfxit.com/open/index.html and flexibility
>in the way data can be gathered and exported from the underlying
>database.
>
>Tony

Eric Hellman
Openly Informatics, Inc.