[WEB4LIB] RE: Gray Hats Re: Re: Jack Valenti: Copyright and

Lee Jaffe ldjaffe at cats.ucsc.edu
Wed Mar 21 15:31:59 EST 2001

>Napster and other P2P systems that flagrantly break copyright ...

To steal the "logic" of the gun lobby, Napster doesn't break copyright,
people break copyright.  Otherwise, by the same token, libraries
break copyright.  I think we need to deal with the fact that the genie
is out of the bottle and look to the possibility of a paradigm shift
in publishing more far-reaching than the pundits are predicting.

-- Lee Jaffe, UC Santa Cruz