[WEB4LIB] Re: Free Britannica Going Away / Banner ads

Daniel Messer dmesser at yvrls.lib.wa.us
Tue Mar 20 11:29:03 EST 2001

Oh man, that takes me back. I remember them, but I haven't thought of them in
a long long time. Now those weren't too bad, they were sometimes annoying,
but nowhere NEAR as bad as what's going on today. My guess is that they
disappeared simply because the advertisers and the people that actually use
the banner ads decided that quantity equals quality. After all, why hit
people with an ad every now and again when you can do it as many times as
possible?

Dan

--
The subject in question...