[WEB4LIB] Re: Free Britannica Going Away

Tom Edelblute thomas at anaheim.lib.ca.us
Fri Mar 16 12:49:55 EST 2001

Disabling Pop-up windows is fine until you get into situation where you
have vendors doing authentication for you.  For example, Anaheim just
set things up where Facts-on-File will recognize the range of patron
barcodes we use for remote authentication.  You go into their web-site
with the appropriate page on the end for Anaheim, and a pop-up window
appears asking for the patron barcode number.  If they put in a
recognized entry, they get to move on.

--
Tom Edelblute
Anaheim CA 92805         e-mail: thomas at anaheim.lib.ca.us