[WEB4LIB] website training and review - what works?

Hartman, Robin rhartman at hiu.edu
Thu Mar 15 12:52:47 EST 2001

We have the same problem with the library being hard to find from our
institution's home page for much the same reason. What we have done is to
publish the *library's* homepage every chance we get--on every handout and
bookmark, every datedue slip, every email, announcement, or blurb. I have
not done any testing to determine whether this approach has been successful
but I feel better about it.

With regard to the second problem, I am getting ready to do some usability
testing on a small part of our library site, but haven't even settled on the
approach I'm going to take yet. So I'm not much help there.

Robin

Robin R. Hartman -- Associate Librarian of Systems and Technical Services
Darling Library -- Hope International University
2500 E. Nutwood Ave. -- Fullerton, CA 92831
(714) 879-3901, x1212 -- FAX (714) 879-1041
rhartman at hiu.edu