[WEB4LIB] Re: HTML Question - target="new"

Sutherland, Paul Paul.Sutherland at ccc.govt.nz
Wed Mar 14 21:56:50 EST 2001

Not wanting to enter into the debate on if javascript/popups, etc are good
or not i wonder if anyone can help me with a remote control that loads links
into the main window.

e.g. Click a link/image, a (small) popup loads, click on link in popup and
the result loads into the main (original) window.

I can get this to work but the first link seems to need to be in a form tag,
and the form tag messes my layout... (e.g. the example at
http://www.wsabstract.com/script/cut105.shtml)

any ideas how it can be achieved with the link not in a <form>

(my javascript skills are of the cut and paste variety...)

/paul