[WEB4LIB] Mozilla/NS6 Java (was Re: AOL 6 and proxy access problems?)

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Wed Mar 14 09:05:06 EST 2001

There are some known "bugs" in Mozilla related to the use of the proxy
settings.  You will want to check the release notes and related
documentation to see if they might relate to your issue.

http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla0.8/

One issue that they mention and that I've had problems with is:

"The 'ok' command doesn't always function in preferences. Only edit one
preference at a time, reopening the preferences window after each time."

This can be an issue when working with the proxy settings.  If you make
several changes, the "OK" button won't work and the settings won't be
saved.  This makes it appear as if this feature doesn't work at all.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI