_Intelligent E-Journals_

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Sat Mar 10 12:55:25 EST 2001

                                  _Intelligent E-Journals_

   Two weeks before Christmas last year, I submitted the posting below to several e-lists and received great interest but no candidates. As it is about
Two Before Spring [and a week before St. Patrick's Day [Go Irish!], I am once again soliciting nominations of Intelligent E-Journals.

/Gerry McK
                                *******************************

  I am interested in learning  of *any* and *all* e-journals  [or e-magazines or e-newsletters or e-newspapers] that monitor the interaction of a reader with the publication and based on such implicit behavior(s) customizes the publication to match these 'expressed' interests so that the reader is provided with (more) content that in similar / related to the content that he/she had previously selected/read. [Whew, What a sentence! [:-)]

[Update: It's kinda like the PageYouMade feature in Amazon.com ] [?]

   I have learned about a service provided by AdaptiveInfo
[http://www.adaptiveinfo.com ] which provides personalized news services
[ http://www.adaptiveinfo.com/Products/newsServer.asp ] using its
Adaptive Personalization technologies
[ http://www.adaptiveinfo.com/Products/recommendation.asp ]

[A demo that illustrates a personalized version of the _Los Angeles Times_ is
available [ http://www.adaptiveinfo.com/Products/demonstration.asp]]

   As Always, Any and All contributions, suggestions, comments, queries,  Supreme Split Decisions, questions, Cosmic Insights, etc. are Most Welcome.

/Gerry McKiernan
Intelligent Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

                                              _DISCLAIMER_

        The commercial service and product mentioned in this posting are for educational purposes only; such mention does not constitute an endorsement.