CSS behavior ?

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Thu Mar 8 12:34:50 EST 2001

I've set up a style sheet where I would like the color of the text and the
background to change when the mouse hovers over a link.  So, I added the
following:

a:hover {text-decoration: none; color: 900; background: FC6;}

Now, this works as expected when the mouse moves over a link that has not been
"visited".  However, when the link is a "visited" link, only the background
color changes.  The text color of the link does not change.  I've defined a
visited link as follows:

a:visited {color: 00C;}}

This is in Internet Explorer 5.5  Can anyone explain why it behaves this way
where the hover property is only recognized by unvisited links?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library