[WEB4LIB] Problem with Winselect 5.0

Pamela Morgan pmorgan at morgan.ucs.mun.ca
Wed Mar 7 15:52:14 EST 2001

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Jan Lindquist wrote:

> We are having a chronic problem with Winselect 5.0 on some of our public
> machines. On start-up, we often get an error message that says:
> Explorer caused an invalid page fault in module WHSC32.DLL at 017f:1000340a
> This stops the loading and we must repeatedly reboot until it finally loads
> properly.
> Another local library has the same problem and we are stymied. Has anyone
> else encountered this? Is there a fix? Hypertechnology doesn't have anything
> helpful to offer on this problem.

Seems to me that there is a bug somewhere in Version 5 as we also had a
problem  - I didn't have time to spend trying to troubleshoot it then.  As
I had only converted one station when we noticed it misbehaving, I reverted to
version 3, which had served us well. I haven't yet gotten back to trying
version 5 again.  I don't recall specifically the error message, but I do
know that it wasn't properly blocking some things in Netscape and that it
would not print to the authorised printer.

Pamela Morgan				phone:	(709)-777-6624
Systems Librarian 			fax:	(709)-777-6866
Health Sciences Library
Memorial University of Newfoundland	email:	pmorgan at mun.ca
St. John's, Nfld.   A1B 3V6