[WEB4LIB] Re:Monitor Resolutions

Bob Rasmussen ras at anzio.com
Fri Mar 2 13:15:44 EST 2001

I believe the problem is this: if a table is stated in terms of percentages,
then it will be rendered in percentages of the current window width. This
should work well for text, within reason. However, a graphic of any kind has a
static size, either explicitly stated in the HTML or implicitly in the graphic
itself. If this graphic width is wider than the column's calculated width, the
column width will be expanded, and things get messy.

If I am incorrect on this, I hope (and trust) that someone will correct me.

--
Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
 company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com
            fax: (US) 503-624-0760
            web: http://www.anzio.com