Web-based message boards vs. email discussion groups

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Fri Mar 2 11:01:18 EST 2001

I would agree with Walt and Roy on this one.  I am the "owner" of a forum on
access issues at a local library service organization here.  It is a web
based discussion board.  It has been widely publicized and marketed.  I am
the only one that has put any messages on it.  There is lots of discussion
on access and other issues on a e-mail list run by the same organization.
People want the stuff to come to them not the other way around.  That is one
reason I also prefer e-mail newsletters over ones that I have to go to read.

Bill Drew