Desktop Streaming Support

Thomas M G Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Thu Mar 1 11:08:34 EST 2001

I received this today and have seen another service like this in the past.
I have considered that this might be useful to help Distance Learner support
such as making sure their proxy settings are correct.  Just wanted to share
this with all.

The service is a middle man that allows you to connect to a user's computer
through  the Internet and take over the user's desktop.  I don't know what
platform restrictions apply here.

Thomas

   ZDNET ANNOUNCEMENT          2/27/01

***************SPECIAL ADVERTISER ANNOUNCEMENT***************

IMAGINE SEEING YOUR CUSTOMER'S DESKTOP WITHOUT EVER LEAVING YOURS.

Now you can! Expertcity's DesktopStreaming support solution enables
you to view your customer's screen and share mouse and keyboard
control in real time. You can support all customers, even those
behind firewalls, and there is no installation on end-user
machines: DesktopStreaming downloads in seconds from the Web and
runs on the customer's computer on the fly.

Whether you are running an internal help desk or supporting
external customers you can save precious support time and greatly
increase productivity with DesktopStreaming.

Intrigued?

WATCH US MOVE YOUR MOUSE!
Visit us at http://cgi.zdnet.com/slink?83565:3463626
or call 800-549-8541 to arrange a real-time demo and we'll meet
online at your convenience. You'll be amazed.

FREE CASE STUDIES:

Find out how Allied Mortgage jump-started its IT Support:
http://cgi.zdnet.com/slink?83566:3463626

Find out how IXOS Software went global with Remote Support:
http://cgi.zdnet.com/slink?83567:3463626

ZDNet Announcements are periodic notices of new features, special
events and free offers available to members of ZDNet.

                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III            University Library
bennettt at pm.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/webmaster/
Voice:  828 262 6587	           FAX:    828 262 2797

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine