[WEB4LIB] Re: Still More Copyright

Jennifer Heise jahb at lehigh.edu
Fri Mar 23 11:04:40 EST 2001

> >The attraction of being able to grab any reading material, from
> >books to newspapers and magazines, at any time and from anywhere,
> >will be a powerful incentive for their wide adoption, at least by
> >those who can afford such connectivity.
> And you'll pay and you'll pay and libraries will be frozen out.

I keep hoping that the information that will be offered via ebooks will
include a lot of the information that my non-academic friends are now
buying from BN and Borders-- nice thick books on non-popular subjects
like the middle ages, that are seldom available at their public
libraries and would be very suitable for electronic books-- think of the
indexing and search possibilities!

--
/   Jennifer Heise, Helpdesk/Librarian, Lehigh Univ. Information
Resources
  / Phone (610) 758-3072          Email: jahb at lehigh.edu

"Comment is free, but facts are on expenses." -- Tom Stoppard