Web Teams and decision-making

Deborah Robinson robinsod at gwmail.usna.edu
Wed Jun 27 17:20:36 EDT 2001

I am involved in my second library web site redesign project in two years and am wondering how other Web Teams/Committees function within the library's and college's administrative framework.  Specifically, I'm interested in knowing:

how much autonomy does your web design team have for content? for design?

to whom do you take your work for approval and in what order?

who has the final say-so?

are decisions based on sound design principles or on what people "like"?

who makes up your web design team?

do you usability testing before "unveiling" it to staff?

do you usability testing with students? faculty? staff?

how much priority is a major re-design given in terms of the overall workload?

You may reply to me offline and I will summarize for the group unless there is interest is having this discussion online.

Thanks,
Debbie

Deborah Robinson
Head, Electronic Resources