[WEB4LIB] re: point sizes vs. absolute sizes in CSS

Chan, Ian iachan at sccd.ctc.edu
Mon Jun 25 13:19:52 EDT 2001

I recently inserted javascript to our web pages to write in the style sheet
link depending on the browser.  The stylesheet for netscape uses small while
the ie css uses x-small.

The script is from irt.org.

if (document.getElementById)
    document.write('<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/first.css"
type="text/css">');
else if (document.layers)
    document.write('<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/first_nn.css"
type="text/css">');
else if (document.all)
    document.write('<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/first.css"
type="text/css">');

I haven't encountered any problems thus far.  Please let me know if it works
for you.

Ian Chan
Librarian
Seattle Central Community College