OpenBook open source ILS

Peter Murray PMurray at law.uconn.edu
Sat Jun 23 21:18:14 EDT 2001

If you haven't taken a look at this, I really recommend doing so.  The
demonstration at ALA really knocked my socks off, as well as several
others in the OSSIG program.  The Technology Resource Foundation is
doing some great work with an open source ILS:  MARC record creation
with easy-to-use templates, import/export of MARC21 records,
multi-location circulation subsystem, Z39.50 client and server
coming...  And it looks and functions quite well.

OpenBook should fill quite a niche in the small public, school, and
special library arena.  I'm looking forward to the initial release this
fall!

Peter

--On Tuesday, June 19, 2001 11:55 AM -0700 Mark Ellis

--
Peter Murray, Computer Services Librarian              W: 860-570-5233
University of Connecticut Law School             Hartford, Connecticut