[WEB4LIB] Re: Where do you get support and why?

c.murdock cmurdock at ccfls.org
Wed Jun 13 10:58:38 EDT 2001

> Yes friends, GNU/Linux is a supported OS, if that's what you need or
> want.

Yes indeed!  I have had far better results in getting support for GNU/Linux
and its various applications than I've had with any Windows app.  For most
programs there are discussion lists where you can post questions, and 99% of
the time you'll get a solution for your problem within the hour.  I have had
people from these lists send me scripts in order to customize a program's
source code specifically for my needs, and in many instances I've been able
to communicate directly with the author of a program to fix a problem.  Try
doing that with a commercial application!  The sense of community out there
is amazing.

C.

--
Cindy Murdock