An empowering Internet. How to participate more effectively in improving our cities' public libraries.

Don Saklad dsaklad at gnu.org
Wed Jun 13 03:58:51 EDT 2001

You can send requests via email for your city's public
libraries' long range planning reports and related
reports to be sent to you via email or have them posted
on library web links.

Asking for legitimately public reports of your cities'
public libraries is a good thing. Asking can empower
and allow greater citizen participation in our
libraries long range planning instead of having people
kept at too long an arms reach from what should be a
public process.

Massachusetts State Secretary Bill Galvin's Public
Records Division put our public library on notice to
disclose legitimately public information.

But Massachusetts citizens have had direct denials or
denials by lack of response by our Regional and
Massachusetts Library of Last Recourse City of Boston
Public Library Departments President Bernie Margolis or
attempts to extort punishing additional fees by the BPL
President's delegated FOI freedom of information
officer BPL Operations Director R. Kowal
http://www.geocities.com/dsaklad/specialcollectionsbpl.html