javascript not working once server side includes were turned on

Chris LeBlanc leblanc at ALMARK.lamar.edu
Mon Jun 11 12:37:13 EDT 2001

Linda Woods Hyman wrote:
>Now I am having a problem with a pre-existing javascript that we
>were using to create the "file last modified" date. (The other
>javascript on our site appears to be working just fine) I know there
>is a way to use the "echo" as well as some other statements to
>generate a last modified statement and date.  Can anyone help? Here
>is the old javascript code just for giggles. For an example see
>http://www.kn.pacbell.com/wired/webtime/ which is reflecting a date of
>December 31, 1969. Thanks.

Actually, on my browser (Netscape 4.7x on GNU/Linux), is shows Dec 31 18:00
On Opera (also on GNU/Linux) it didn't add a date, so it got cut to
"Last r" with the rest of revised cut-off by the
var p = m.length-8;
command.
Mozilla 0.9 shows January 1,

I think this has to do more with your browser than with the
server.  The browser may be reacting to it differently now that SSI
are included on the server, or you are now looking at it in a
different browser than you had looked (and paid attention) before.

Thanks,

Christopher LeBlanc
Lamar University Library
leblanc at library.lamar.edu