[WEB4LIB] Imminent Netscape demise

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Fri Jun 8 17:46:11 EDT 2001

> I don't keep up with the politics of technology enough to know whether
> Netscape is a good guy or a bad guy. But I do like it about a thousand
> times better than IE, and will  miss its functionality if and when it
> goes.

Interesting.  I have the exact opposite feeling.  To me IE seems more
feature rich, more stable, with a better user interface, better "look" to
rendered pages, and it seems much faster.  I was sold 10 minutes after I
installed IE 3.whatever, and have been waiting for Netscape to shrivel up
and die ever since.

Netscape was great back in the 0.90 to 3.x days, but after that.....

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst    Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
  Education & Research Technology Services,     http://gollum.usask.ca/
  Department of Computing Services,