[WEB4LIB] Re: Preserving formatting when pasting a Word 2000 document into Frontpage 2000

Nancy Sosna Bohm plum at ulink.net
Tue Jun 5 00:48:05 EDT 2001

>Thomas' idea may do it, but you may simply want to create the original
>Word document as a table.  Then when you convert it to HTML it will
>stay the way you want.

The problem with starting with a Word Table is that the HTML code is
probably going to be significantly bloated. I prefer to do a series of
Edit/replaces to get it to come out in a way I'm at least willing to settle
for. See, for example, http://ulink.net/plum/HSL/spring.htm for a quickie.
And then there's something like http://ulink.net/plum/oldHSL/newbksSubL.xml
which I did by using the Fill Down command in Excel to put in the xml tags.
Yes, the graphics are big, but I was just having fun. The actual data files
are rather tiny, whereas http://ulink.net/plum/HSL/newbooktable.htm, a Word
Table saved as HTML, with all its TD tags, is pretty large.