Problematic Sites

GRAY, PAUL PAUL.GRAY at TCCD.NET
Tue Jun 19 17:27:34 EDT 2001

Dear Fellow Travellers and Noble Wizards --
We are running Windows 2000 and IE 5.5
Our user accounts are USERS (NOT Power Users or Admins)
We are getting recurring complaints about sites such as Yahoo Mail, FAFSA,
Monster.com that error out at various points.
My standard reply is that all we can do is get you ONTO the Internet -- what
happens or doesn't happen at a given site is beyond our control.

I pretty much stand behind this because we also got complaints - albeit
regarding different sites - when we had NT and Netscape 4.

Am I alone here?
Any ideas?  --- OTHER than giving walkup users of these unmonitored stations
ADMIN rights -

Any solutions -- or comiserations would be welcome

Paul H. Gray
Library Manager, CLC and LRC LAN
Northeast Campus Library
Hurst, Tx